California DMV Hearing Attorney
License Suspension Lawyer
A California DMV hearing is an administrative hearing. You don't go in front of a judge. Instead you go in front of a hearing officer. This officer determines your license status. If you are one of the unlucky to have a DMV hearing, you can, and should, be represented by an attorney.
The DMV has independent power to revoke, suspend, restrict or issue a license. This authority is independent of the Court's power and if you receive an adverse ruling by the DMV, it can be "appealed" to a California Superior Court. While the California DMV maintains a lot of power, they still can't move on an individual's license without affording that person due process of law. This means that before your license can be suspended, revoked or restricted, you have a constitutional right to a hearing and to be represented by an attorney.
Be Represented by an Attorney
DUI HearingYou must request your DMV "per se" hearing within 10 days of your arrest!
- Baksersfield, 5800 District Blvd., Ste. 100-B, Bakersfield, CA 93313-2148
- City of Commerce (5801 E. Slauson Avenue, Suite 250, 90040-3050)
- Covina (1365 N. Grand Ave., Suite 101, 91724-4048)
- El Segundo (390 N. Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 2075, 90245-4470)
- Fresno (2510 S. East Avenue, Suite 310, 93706-5112)
- Irvine (16735 Von Karman, #110, 92606-4953)
- Oakland (7677 Oakport St. Suite #220, 94621)
- Oxnard (2051 North Solar Drive, Suite 100., 93036-2650)
- Redding (2650 Churn Creek Road, Suite 200, 96002-1169)
- Sacramento (4700 Broadway, 2nd Floor, 95820-1501)
- San Bernardino (1845 Business Center Dr., Ste. 212, 92408-3447)
- San Diego (9174 Sky Park Court, Suite 200, 92123-2666)
- San Francisco (1377 Fell St., 2nd Floor, 94117-2296)
- San Jose (90 Great Oaks Blvd, Suite 104, 95119)
- Van Nuys (6150 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 205, 91401-3333)
Successfully stopping the DMV from issuing a suspension or restriction may include:
- DMV Hearing Appearances
- Witness Presentation
- Presenting Mitigating Evidence
- Discovery Review
- Sanction Procedures
- Filing Review with Superior Court
Hiring an attorney to represent you at your DMV hearing might save your license. Let one of our experts handle it. Our DMV defense attorneys are the best in the business because:
- We are Knowledgeable - We know the law and we know traffic court procedures. Traffic court is a faced paced environment where not knowing the law and procedures can be fatal to a case. Our attorneys know the procedures and have helped thousands before.
- We Take Your Place - Under Penal Code 977 an attorney can make your appearances in your place and act in your best interest. For most cases, your presence is not needed. In an occasional few cases, we will ask your presence for testimony.
- We are Cost Effective - Hiring an attorney doesn't have to be expensive. Our attorneys charge a reasonable fee for our services. We base it on the problem at hand and not how much you make