California DUI Lawyers
Drunk Driving Attorney
DUI is also called Drunk Driving, Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). Because of wide-spread media coverage of serious accidents and groups such as MADD, California District Attorney's Offices vehemently prosecutes drunk driving. A DUI conviction can seriously impact your license, freedom, and reputation. That's why we take these cases very seriously and provide Aggressive Drunk Driving defense strategies.
If you would like more information about the charge of driving under the influence, contact a San Diego DUI Attorney at the Law Firm Hullinger & Speredelozzi, APCOur California Drunk Driving attorneys represent defendants in the San Diego County Cities of: Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Leucadia, Olivenhain, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, Oceanside, Poway, San Diego, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, Vista. Our Lawyers Represent defendants in the San Diego Communities of: 4S Ranch, Agua Caliente Springs, Alpine, Barrett, Blossom Valley, Bonita, Bonsall, Borrego Springs, Bostonia, Boulevard, Camp Pendleton, Campo, Canebrake, Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, Crest, Cuyamaca,Dehesa, Del Dios, De Luz, Descanso, Dulzura, Elfin Forest, Eucalyptus Hills, Fairbanks Ranch, Fallbrook, Fernbrook, Flinn Springs, Granite Hills,Guatay, Harbison Canyon, Hidden Meadows, Jacumba, Jamul, Julian, La Presa, Lake Morena, Lake San Marcos, Lakeside, Lincoln Acres, Live Oak Springs, Manzanita, Mount Laguna, Pine Hills, Pine Valley, Potrero, Pueblo Siding, Rainbow, Ramona, Ranchita, Rancho San Diego, Rancho Santa Fe, Rincon, San Diego County Estates, San Elijo Hills, Santa Ysabel, Spring Valley, Tecate, Tierra del Sol, Valley Center, Vallecitos, Warner Springs, Winter Gardens and Wynola.for a confidential case analysis by calling 877-985-0002.
You must request a DMV Per Se hearing within 10 days of your arrest or your license will be suspended. Click here to find out more info.
What is DUI?
Driving under the influence is a serious criminal offense in California and is prosecuted as either a misdemeanor or a felony. The prosecution must show beyond a reasonable doubt every element of the crime.
A misdemeanor carries a maximum penalty of fines (approx $2k) and up to 12 months in jail. A felony carries fines that are higher, and the maximum penalty is life in prison.
There are five basic offenses when people refer to a DUI. They are:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol (CVC §23152(a))
- Driving Under the Influence of Legal or Illegal Drugs (CVC §23152(a))
- Driving with Blood Alcohol Content 0.08% or above (CVC §23152(b))
- Attempted DUI (Penal Code §664 and CVC §23152(a) or (b))
- Felony DUI (CVC §§23153, 23554, 23556, 23560, 23562 and 23566))
A DUI charge subjects you to both San Diego Superior Court proceedings and California DMV Hearings
Our Drunk Driving Attorneys
Our DUI defense attorneys aggressively protect your rights, freedom and driver's license. Handling your DUI case may include the following:
- Consultation after a DUI arrest
- Contacting California Department of Motor Vehicles to request an "admin per se" hearing
- Postponing license suspension
- Obtaining restricted driver's license
- Live appearance at "admin per se" hearing in front of DMV officer
- Appearing at arraignment (first court appearance)
- Motion to suppress evidence (Penal Code Section 1538.5) for Constitutional violations
- Court Appearances
- Plea Bargaining
- Evidence Gathering
- Blood re-testing
- Trial preparation and presenting trial in front of judge or jury
Common DUI Issues
- Unlawful Stop or Arrest
- Incorrect or Incomplete BAC analysis
- Incorrectly Administered Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs)
- Police Brutality
- Legal Defenses
- Factual Defenses
- Penalty Enhancements
You Are Not Alone
If you have been charged with Drunk Driving you are not alone. According to recent statistics,Arrests 2009: Law Enforcement Response to Crime in the San Diego Region, SANDAG, November 2010 over 17,000 misdemeanor arrests for suspected DUI were made in San Diego County.